Community Resilience Advisor, USAID/DRC Peacebuilding and Biodiversity Conservation, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation, democracy and governance, peace and stability, rule of law and accountability, education, gender and inclusion, strategic communications, and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is pursuing the USAID's building and enabling environment for resilient communities and sustainable livelihoods in the Mbomou-Uele Region activity. The purpose of this program is to support conflict prevention activities while creating and strengthening community resilience and social cohesion. On a parallel track, the activity will address the threats and drivers for biodiversity conservation in the Mbomou-Uele region (northeastern DRC and southeastern Central African Republic (CAR)).
MSI is seeking a Community Resilience Advisor to lead programming to foster social cohesion between transhumant and sedentary communities, support economic activities that promote social cohesion, and support activities that enable beneficiaries to rebuild their communities from trauma. This will be a full-time position based in Kinshasa, DRC. This position is contingent upon award.
**Please note: Congolese citizens are highly encouraged to apply**
- Provide strategic vision, management and technical direction of program activities related to community resilience.
- Develop activities to strengthen the resilience of survivors of gender-based violence.
- Lead the development of aspects of the work plan related to community resilience.
- Build relationships with relevant local and international stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Livelihoods and Biodiversity advisors to sequence, layer, and integrate activities across disciplines.
- Collaborate with operations, monitoring & evaluation, grants and other program teams to implement, monitor, and closeout activities. eDJuw1C vQR3I
- Coordinate with USAID/DRC, as required by Chief of Party.
- Advanced degree in international development, peacebuilding, conflict resolution or other relevant field.
- Eight (8) to Ten (10) years of professional experience in implementing peacebuilding and reconciliation related donor funded programs.
- Five (5) years of experience working in Democratic Republic of Congo and/or Central African Republic.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with national and local government counterparts and civil society organizations.
- Experience using people-to-people approaches to prevent conflict or violence highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, supervision, and written/oral communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French required.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech's Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.