Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Final date for application: Background
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges – Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality – and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Local manufacturing of vaccines is a topic which is creating a lot of interest from a vast and diverse combination of stakeholders.
One critical piece required to establish local production of vaccines and other pharmaceutical products in the country is the existence of a strong regulatory agency, which is certified according to World Health Organization (WHO) Global Benchmarking Tool and needs to reach at least Maturity Level 3. Team Europe, led by the European Delegation in Rwanda and supported by Enabel has been allocated this workstream and is working closely with the Rwanda FDA to identify the gaps as well as establish a roadmap to reach the required level. In addition to direct Rwanda FDA support, this initiative has also identified key capacity gaps in the vaccine manufacturing chain and will work with the University of Rwanda (UR) to detail out a package of support for the program of master’s in biotechnology.
Enabel in Rwanda, in collaboration with Rwanda Food and Drug Authority (Rwanda FDA), wishes to recruit a Business Analyst eHealth (m/f) who will help manage the Enabel digitization portfolio at Rwanda FDA and which will include facilitating the process of developing a digitization roadmap and strategy for Rwanda FDA as well its implementation. The Business analyst will work closely with Rwanda FDA to ensure that the institution’s processes and services are digitized well enough to meet the requirements for a Maturity Leve 3 (ML3) WHO ranking and progressively upgrade to Maturity Leve 4 (ML4). These are requirements for Rwanda FDA to regulate vaccine manufacturing.
Duty station: Mainly in Kigali, with occasional missions Duration of the contract: Open-ended employment contract – local contract according to the Rwandan labor law Expected starting date: September 2022 Salary package according to our salary grids (class 6 – Sector Thematic Expert): From 3.150.018RWF gross salary depending on the number of years of relevant experience.
He/she works for Enabel, based in Rwanda FDA, under direct supervision of the International Strategy and Policy Expert of Enabel in Rwanda and in very close collaboration with the Rwanda FDA. This function requires a high degree of interpersonal skills and a solutions-oriented attitude.
In general, (s)he will:
- Support the development of a digital transformation roadmap/strategy for Rwanda FDA in consultation with the organization’s senior management and the relevant department heads and technical staff
- Support the execution/implementation of the digital transformation strategy for Rwanda FDA..and provide technical support to the health circle.
- Ensure a fully integrated digital ecosystem at Rwanda FDA as well as integration and interoperability with other relevant external systems such as the National Product Catalogue (NTC), Logistics management information systems (RMS) Other Laboratory Information systems (NRL) etc.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems at Rwanda FDA and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Ensure change management and adoption during implementation of the various systems at Rwanda FDA
- Develop a metrics for measuring the implementation deliverables, key success factors and impact of the different systems that are being implemented at Rwanda FDA
- Work closely with other development partners and donors to ensure that there is no duplication of efforts and resources and that there is synergy in all digitization related efforts
- Cultivate relationships with government agencies (such as MOH, RBC, RISA) and other stakeholders to develop deep insights into the needs of the Rwanda FDA and become the go-to person for Enabel’s quest for investment in Rwanda FDA’s digital transformation strategy.
- Conduct Business Analysis: Map out business process; Capture business requirements and specifications (story boards, use cases, wireframes, etc); support translation into technical requirements for each system that is implemented at the Rwanda FDA
- Lead system/integration testing efforts; tests changes, enhancements, and new programs or functions to ensure they meet business needs.
- Oversee third-party contractors and ensure the quality and timeliness of deliverables.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- EAC Citizen
- Master’s degree in Health informatics, Health Information systems management, computer science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information and Communication Technology; or master’s in Business Administration; or equivalent through experience.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in Business analysis, system architect or Management information systems.
- Experience in project delivery in a dynamic and emerging setting as part of a complex, global organization;
- Experience working in the health sector or regulatory institutions
- Ability to recommend priorities to multiple stakeholders based on the highest business value;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives;
- Effective communication skills, both written and orally, with technical and non-technical stakeholders at different levels;
- Knowledge of system design and architecture, preferably in the health sector;
- Skilled in developing process models and data flow diagrams using industry-standard modeling techniques.
- Knowledge of concepts and principles of application programming, database and system design including Internet, and network architectures would be an asset
- Excellent ability for synthesis of complex issues
- Proven experience at facilitating workshops and meetings, and negotiating;
- Demonstrated ability to influence large group of stakeholders
- Proficient in English and French. Kinyarwanda is a plus.
- Knowledge of trends in technology and opportunities in digital healthcare;
- Experience with user-centered design of software: identify, wireframe, prototype, test, and operationalize eHealth solutions using visualization platforms
- Experience with lean and agile project management methods;
- Experience in providing guidance and leadership to collaborators;
- Experience in collaborations at government level.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed;
- Advanced sense of creativity and initiative
- Genuine passion for technology, understanding how things work, and for applying technology to bring value to stakeholders and target audiences;
- Continuous learner, able to demonstrate a familiarity with current trends;
- Capable to take a “hands-on approach” to experiment and try things if needed;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Constructive and solution-oriented.
How to apply
Interested applicants fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria are invited to submit their application documents through Job in Rwanda by clicking the “Apply for this job” https://www.jobinrwanda.com/job/business-analyst-ehealth button including detailed Curriculum Vitae (max 5 pages), a motivation letter and a copy of University degree(s). Past and current service certificates also need to be attached to the application (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting). Specify in your CV your LinkedIn profile (if available) and the names of three referees (former direct supervisor) as well as their emails and telephone numbers. Submit the full file not later than the 07th of August 2022.
Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Enabel never requests money to be part of any of the recruitment process.
Only online applications are accepted. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Done at Kigali, 29th July 2022
Resident Representative, Enabel Rwanda