- Job-ID: V000052612
- Location: Kindu
- Assignment period: 03/01/2023 – 04/30/2025
- Field: Rural Development
- Type of employment: full-time
- Application deadline: 12/14/2022
The GIZ program “Biodiversity and Sustainable Forest Management” supports, within the framework of one of its intervention areas, the improvement of planning, implementation and mediation skills of the structures/actors involved in local governance processes. In particular, local authorities (ETD – Entités territoriales décentralisées) as well as community committees (CLDs – Comité Locale de développement) are supported at the provincial level in the implementation of their development plans with a focus on improving the sustainable use of natural resources in the peripheral areas of the Lomami National Park.
As part of your service as a development advisor, you will take on the following tasks:
- Improvement and strengthening of the competencies of local development actors in the field of community development planning
- Support of two community committees in the planning and implementation of concrete development measures
- Supporting the community committees in the acquisition and management of funds for the implementation of development measures.
- Promoting a regular exchange of experiences between the different development actors at the local level
- Exchange with the interdisciplinary teams in the three offices (Kindu, Kinshasa, Bukavu) of the program.
- University degree and professional experience in one of the following fields: social sciences, international development, environmental sciences, forestry or comparable discipline
- Working experience with civil society organizations in the context of participatory development planning
- Good knowledge of planning and implementation of community projects
- Work experience in Francophone Africa is an advantage/ regional experience in Sub-Saharan Africa is an advantage
- Strong intercultural and communication skills
- Fluent in French, Business fluent in English or German
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in DR Congo.
The security situation is tense. Special precautionary measures apply for GIZ staff on site. The instructions on security measures issued by GIZ must be followed at all times. Please also inform yourself about country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office. GIZ has a professional security risk management team on site. Freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on family members travelling with you. If necessary, we ask you to find out which forms of relationship are legally and socially accepted in the country of assignment.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
GIZ’s Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Willingness to travel on a regular basis is required.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment – please contact us at: email@example.com
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment – in particular also regarding COVID-19.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.