DIGITAL AGRICULTURE SPECIALIST – SC 9
: 04/Oct/2022, 11:59:00 PM
: Non-staff opportunities
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
In the wake of increased demand for digitalization of the agriculture sector and use of data for decision making, FAO Kenya has been at the forefront in supporting the Government of Kenya to fully realize this goal. Consequently, FAO Kenya is seeking to strengthen its internal technical capacity by employing a qualified and competent digital agriculture expert in a position located within the FAO Representation in Kenya.
The Digital Agriculture Specialist will work under overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Kenya and direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative in Kenya (Programme).
The incumbent will undertake mapping of digital capabilities to strategic priorities for Government and Agriculture line ministries, including preparation of a guide that aligns the priorities to digital resources. He/she will prepare a strategy to support the adoption of digital technologies across the representation and Government partners; including ensuring that the FAO- supported KIAMIS platform is completed and effectively deployed to enable the agriculture ministries to achieve their digital economy goals. The consultant will also develop and prepare data strategies and implementation plans for relevant stakeholders and coordinate with stakeholders to ensure that the digital solutions and systems are developed, implemented, and deployed appropriately. The incumbent will in addition assist the FAO Country Representative and management team in preparing digital programmes, priorities, and resource allocation to ensure all digital plans and activities are completed on time and successful.
Tasks and responsibilities
The digital agriculture specialist will perform the following key functions:
• Develop a business process mapping document indicating standard operating procedures to advance the use of technology and data, including the aspects of people, processes, and technology for the achievement of the digital vision
• Map digital capabilities to strategic priorities for Governments and Agriculture line ministries and provide a guide that aligns the priorities to digital resources
• Prepare a strategy to support the adoption of digital technologies across the representation and Government partners
• Develop and prepare data strategies and implementation plans for relevant stakeholders
• Support the implementation of implementing the strategies to ensure the KIAMIS platform is completed and effectively deployed to enable the agriculture ministries to achieve their digital economy goals
• Conduct a rapid assessment of the existing digital solutions and document their functionalities, gaps, and opportunities
• Prepare evaluation criteria for Return on Investment (ROI) for the digital processes, technologies, and solutions, including cost savings and sustainability strategies.
• Support the management of activities to ensure that digital activities are carried out in a timely fashion
• Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure the digital solutions and systems are developed, implemented, and deployed appropriately.
• Coordinate and prepare reports on digital projects for presentation to intergovernmental agencies or bodies, Digital Working Groups, relevant UN bodies, and other policy-making organs, as appropriate.
• Prepare reports to governments/intergovernmental bodies on budget and project performance or programs on data and digital assignment
• Ensures high-quality standards outputs and reports based on comprehensive data.
• Assists the FAO Country Representative and management team in preparing digital programmes, priorities, and resource allocation to ensure all digital plans and activities are completed on time and successful
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• A minimum master’s degree in computer science or related field from a recognized university. PhD in computer science or information systems from a recognized university is an added advantage
• A minimum of ten (10) years of progressive work experience in the field of innovation, digital strategies, senior management, digital change management, and corporate ICT services. A minimum of five (5) years of strategic and managerial experience at a senior level and in managing complex processes and portfolios is required
• Working knowledge (level C) of English and Swahili
• Must be National of Kenya
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Experience in implementing systems at the organizational and national level
• Training in data science and systems
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
|Job Category||Information Technology|
You must log in to post a comment.