Digital Health Officer
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is currently recruiting a Digital Health Officer for the Digital Square team in the Center of Digital and Data Excellence to be located in a Francophone Africa PATH location.
International development and global health represent one of the greatest opportunities for the impact of digital technologies on a global scale. New technologies, approaches and tools are emerging daily, unfortunately into a fragmented and immature digital health market landscape that currently limits their promise to transform country health systems and accelerate and amplify progress towards national and global health goals.
Digital Square is a global initiative, supported by PATH and funded by multiple donors, including USAID and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, to invest in and mature the field of global digital health to realize this promise. Conceived from the lessons of the inefficiencies and redundancies of prior investments in digital technologies for international development Digital Square brings global and regional actors together to create a new way of thinking about, and a new way of doing, development.
We are maturing the field by improving coordination and alignment of both the donors that fund digital health projects and the community that implements them. We are improving the open-source digital health software ecosystem and the capacity of governments to choose, maintain, and use these global goods. This increased coordination and matured software ecosystem will allow low- and middle-income countries to effectively manage their own regional and country digital health systems, thereby reducing reliance on development technical assistance over the longer term and improving health impact. For more information about Digital Square, its objectives, and our progress to date, please visit our website.
- Support regional networks and roadmaps, in-country and regional coordination of digital health interventions and provide technical guidance/best practice on implementation of architecture design and standards.
- Provide technical assistance to countries and regional networks on the design and deployment of digital health infrastructure.
- Contribute to preparation of project reports and presents briefings on proposed and ongoing activities.
- Support trainings, webinars, meetings, connectathons, interoperability labs, etc.
- Contribute to development and tracking of project work plan, timelines, milestones, resource allocation, and deliverables associated with assigned projects.
- Represent Digital Square at workshops, conferences, and other events
- Provide technical expertise to the Open Proposal Process by reviewing proposals, identifying opportunities for collaboration between proposals or with other initiatives, and suggesting technical approaches.
- Provide project management to approved proposals, including managing deliverables for timeliness and completeness, and providing additional technical oversight and implementation support as needed.
- Advise on standards, documentation, and other activities to accelerate reuse and adaptation of existing global goods.
- Other duties as necessary and as assigned.
- Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) to ten (10) years of experience providing technical assistance for healthcare-related ICT interventions in low- and middle-income settings.
- Practical experience in health information and disease surveillance systems, interoperability, and international standards; open global health information system software such as, but not limited to, DHIS2, OpenMRS and iHRIS.
- Advanced degree in public health or technology-related field (e.g. computer science, international relations, economics) a plus.
- Passion for PATH and Digital Square’s mission, as well as for broader global issues of public health, information systems, technology, and international development.
- Availability to travel to the field to provide short term technical assistance.
- Fluency in both English and French required.
- Located in Senegal, Democratic Republic of Congo, or Burkina Faso.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the country of PATH office location.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Job Location
- Kinshasa, DR Congo / Dakar, Senegal
- Company Location
- DR Congo, Kinshasa or Senegal, Dakar
- Position Type
|Job Category||Health, Information Technology|