Education Specialist DR Congo Goma BN
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an international non-governmental organisation, present in more than 25 countries worldwide. It has been working in the Democratic Republic of Congo since 2001. Its programmes focus on: Education, Rapid Response to Movements of Population (RRMP), Protection and Humanitarian Mediation, Shelter, WASH, and Information, Counselling, and Legal Assistance (ICLA).
The purpose of the Education Specialist position is technical development of the Education Programme, strategic direction, and quality assurance. He/she is also responsible for implementing the strategy and performing quality control. The Education Specialist is responsible for mentoring, training, capacity building of staff on technical capacity.
Please click here for more info on NRC in DR Congo.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and Responsibilities:
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Develop the Education strategy and provide technical guidance.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposals, budgets and donor reports.
- Ensure technical quality and innovation of the Education programme including strategic oversight in the technical direction, programmatic learning objectives, M&E tools, etc., and in seeking synergies with other programmes and projects.
- Identify and pursue integrated programming opportunities with other NRC core competencies
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support to the Head of Operations, Area Managers, Project Managers, and Project Coordinators in the field.
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Education implementation, and incorporate them in the programme and staff development processes.
- Provide systematic training and build the capacity of technical staff.
- Liaise and follow-up with government interlocutors on existing and future collaborations and projects.
- Receive the referral information related to protection cases on a monthly basis from the related focal points and take proper actions to ensure that the referral system is functioning to the best interest of beneficiaries as per NRC’s referral’s SOPs.
- Develop, support and guide NRC’s education projects in DRC including non-formal education and system strengthening.
- Bachelor degree in Education or any related field
- Minimum 6 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/recovery context + having worked on education in the past year in the context of COVID-19.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluency in English and French, both written and spoken
- Donor knowledge and experience: ECHO, ECW, KFW, AFD and others
- Knowledge of DRC context and response is a plus
- Knowledge of Swahili language is a strong advantage
What we offer:
- Grade 9 in NRC scale
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
- 24-month contract, renewable based on funding
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 12/10/2022
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility. At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
You must log in to post a comment.