Finance Officer, Bukavu (DR Congo)
Kvinna till Kvinna is looking for a Finance Officer for our DRC programme team.
Deadline for application: 23rd October 2022
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation has defended women’s rights since 1993. For every woman’s right to be safe and to be heard. Today we are one of the world’s leading women’s rights organisations, working directly in areas affected by war and conflict to strengthen women’s influence and power. We work closely together with over 150 local partner organisations across 20 countries to end violence against women, reach lasting peace and close the gender gap once and for all. The future is equal. And together, we are change.
Kvinna till Kvinna has received funding from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency for a five-year programme in South Kivu, DRC (2019-2023). The programme builds on learnings from its long-term presence to continue its engagement with women rights organisations, with a strong focus on locally led, sustainable, capacity strengthening of partners and existing women’s rights movements. Kvinna till Kvinna’s support enable partners to continue addressing harmful gender norms as underlying causes to women’s exclusion from social, economic and political spheres and to gender-based violence.
As Finance Officer, you will be a part of the DRC Programme team and work under the guidance of, and report to, the Head of Office.
You will be responsible for:
- Financial set up and implementation: Ensure the implementation of existing financial management routines and the introduction of new routines for running the office and country programme, in line with Kvinna till Kvinna and donors’ guidelines and procedures and the DRC law.
- Financial management: Manage payments, book keeping, monthly financial reports to Head of office and declarations to DRC Authorities. Ensure and develop internal control systems and make sure that financial routines are functional and efficient, including making sure the anti-corruption policy and handbook is implemented internally and externally. Provide strategic financial guidance in line with the Global Strategy of Kvinna till Kvinna.
- Grant management: Working together with the Grants Manager for Africa to conduct the financial assessment of new and potential partner organisations based on Kvinna till Kvinna tools and procedures. Follow-up on existing financial assessments of partner organisations, disbursement confirmations, financial reports, audit reports and audited financial statements, and ensure that they are managed according to grants agreements and the requirements of Kvinna till Kvinna and its donors. Contribute to the strengthening of the financial management capacity of partner organisations and support the Kvinna till Kvinna Office in DRC on financial matters.
- Audit management: Procure and manage audit services in accordance with Kvinna till Kvinna and donors’ procurement policy and procedures and DRC law. Submit reports in respect of management and statutory audits and submit audited financial statements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or similar, with a focus on financial management and accounting;
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience on financial management, book keeping, grant management and audit management within international development cooperation or similar fields;
- Proven experience of identifying capacity building needs and providing capacity strengthening to local NGOs on issues related to finance management;
- In-depth knowledge of DRC tax legislation;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook);
- Excellent knowledge of French and Kiswahili, and good working knowledge of English (both written and spoken);
- Excellent communications skills and ability to cooperate with a range of partners and stakeholders;
- Knowledge and experience of anti-corruption strategies;
- Well organised.
- Experience of working with international donors, such as SIDA;
- Experience of working in South Kivu, and excellent knowledge of the DRC context;
Personal qualifications and values
- Responsible and accurate, committed to transparency and accountability;
- Responsiveness and ability to handle stressful situations;
- Belief and commitment to women’s human rights and gender equality.
Terms and conditions of employment
This is a local position, open for Congolese nationals or to people with valid work and residence permit in the DRC. Applicants must have a valid ONEM (Office National de l’Emploi) card.
The position as Finance Officer is a one-year position (renewable) on a full-time basis, with 6 months initial probation period.
Start of employment as soon as possible.
The Finance Officer is stationed in the DRC office in Bukavu and is expected to conduct about 1 trip per month within South Kivu and potentially 1 trip per year abroad.
Kvinna till Kvinna has Collective agreement (Tjänstemän Idea med Unionen och Akademikerförbunden). Goal-oriented work hours apply to this position.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send your application in ENGLISH no later than 23rd October, through the apply button.
We will process all applications after the application deadline has expired.
Each application should include only:
- An updated curriculum vitae
- A cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for the position and why you applied
- At least 3 references with their professional contacts.
The application must be sent in English. Applications in other language won´t be taken into consideration.
Note that only pre-selected applicants will be contacted for the rest of the recruitment process.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com