Kvinna till Kvinna
Head of Office DR Congo
- Organization: Kvinna till Kvinna
- Location: Bukavu
- Grade: Senior
- Occupational Groups:
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Women’s Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Peace and Development
- Closing Date: 2022-09-15
The Kvinna till Kvinna foundation is currently recruiting a Head of Office with the overall responsibility for the management and strategic development of Kvinna till Kvinna’ s programmes in DR Congo. The position is based in Bukavu.
Last day of application is 15 Sept 2022.
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation has defended women’s rights since 1993. For every woman’s right to be safe and to be heard. Today we are one of the world’s leading women’s rights organisations, working directly in areas affected by war and conflict to strengthen women’s influence and power. We work closely together with over 150 local partner organisations across 20 countries to end violence against women, reach lasting peace and close the gender gap once and for all.
About the job
As Head of Office, you are responsible to develop and ensure the implementation of programmes in accordance with Kvinna till Kvinna’ s mandate, policies, delegation of authority, working methods, operational plan, budget and agreements with donors and partner organisations.
You hold managerial, administrative, security and financial responsibility, including the management of the overall country budget. As Head of Office, you are responsible for recruiting, managing, and motivating the staff in the office in Bukavu.
Additionally, you are Kvinna till Kvinna’ s official representative in the country. This also entails networking and maintaining relationships with relevant international and national stakeholders, including donors, and developing and maintaining partnerships, primarily with women’s rights organisations.
The Head of Office belongs organisationally to the Programme and Methods Department and reports to the Regional Manager sub-Saharan Africa.
To be successful on this role, we believe you are a collaborative, team-oriented leader with the ability to motivate others. Your work is strategic, goal-oriented with the ability to prioritize and delegate. You are responsible, flexible, and adaptable with strong communication-, conflict sensitivity- and cultural sensitivity skills. Your experience has taught you the ability to handle stressful situations and peaks of workload, while keeping a healthy work/life balance
You are engaged and interested in women’s rights and share our values.
You need to at least have
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience in a managerial position with responsibilities over at least 3-6 staff and a medium-sized budget.
- A minimum of five years of experience of development cooperation work in a complex, conflict, or post-conflict context; preferably from the preferably from the DR Congo.
- Academic degree in a relevant field such as political science, gender studies, international relations, development studies, peace- and conflict studies, human rights, law.
- Demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following thematic areas: promotion of gender equality/respect for women’s rights; peacebuilding/conflict resolution; women’s empowerment; gender-based violence prevention; and/or support to women’s human rights defenders.
- Experience from working in partnership with local women organisations or local civil society actors preferably including capacity strengthening aspects.
- Experience in programme and project management, including strong monitoring and evaluation skills and knowledge in results-based management and quality assurance.
- Experience as responsible for the safety and security of an organisation and its staff.
- Experience in fundraising.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Solid computer skils.
- A valid drivers licens.
- Interest in/and experience of methods development and capacity-strengthening.
- Knowledge of International Human Rights Law and/or International Humanitarian law.
- Experience of handling corruption cases in complex contexts.
- Familiarity with the Congolese gender/women’s rights environment.
- Fluency in Swedish and/or Swahili.
Terms and conditions of employment
At Kvinna till Kvinna you will get a chance to be a part of an inspiring workplace with dedicated employees internationally. You will join a team of 150+ dedicated Kvinna till Kvinna colleagues who fight for women’s rights in more than 20 conflict-affected countries. In the Sub-Saharan Africa region, roughly 30 of us work for women’s rights, sustainable peace and support the development of women’s rights organisations.
The position as Head of Office is a one-year fixed-term contract (international development cooperation work), full-time with the possibility for an extension pending funding (up to five years). Start of employment at the latest Dec 2022.
The Head of Office is stationed in Bukavu, DR Congo and is expected to conduct 1 – 3 trips per year to Europe and other parts of Africa.
We offer a competitive benefits package, covered costs for housing, insurance coverage and other benefits. Goal-oriented work hours apply to this position. This is an unaccompanied posting.
Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered. Otherwise, we strive for diversity.
Last day of application is 15 Sept 2022.
Please submit your CV and personal letter in English by clicking on the apply button. Please note that we only accept applications thru our job site.
Applications are reviewed ongoing.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Malin Brenk, Regional Manager sub-Saharan Africa, firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on the recruitment process, please contact our HR-unit at HR@kvinnatillkvinna.se
To contact representatives for the local unions, send an email to: email@example.com
|Job Category||Operations, Program|