IT Officer – DRC
About The Role:
BURN is looking for an IT Officer who will be responsible for managing and maintaining the organization’s information technology systems. The individual will play a critical role in ensuring the smooth operation of the organization’s IT systems, providing technical support to users, implementing security measures, and managing IT projects and infrastructure.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor network and system performance to ensure smooth operation.
- Provide technical support to end-users, training, and support to call centre employees on the use of call centre equipment and software and resolve any IT-related queries.
- Liaise with the Head Office IT department to ensure that remote site systems are compliant with company policies and procedures.
- Install, configure, and maintain call centre equipment, including computers, phones, and other peripherals.
- Monitor and maintain call centre software & hardware, including call centre platforms, ticketing systems, and other applications.
- Diagnosing and fixing problems or potential problems within the network and its hardware, software, and computer systems.
- Maintain IT inventory for all IT assets within the organization and conduct regular preventive maintenance on all IT assets and log the same.
- Preparing regular reports on IT support issues, incidence logs, and any other relevant report that may be asked by the supervisor.
- Providing technical support to field teams from various projects.
- Provide support in setting up & conducting end-user training for all relevant IT platforms.
- Ensuring all IT infrastructure e.g., Network, CCTV Surveillance & biometric systems are functional and liaising with vendors for regular maintenance.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 2 years of experience in IT support or related roles.
- Working experience with 3CX.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and client operating systems, Active Directory, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be an English speaker.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Working experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Excellent technical knowledge of network, PC hardware & software, including Microsoft’s cloud platform.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Willingness to learn on the job, ability to prioritize tasks, and efficiently manage time.
- Availability to work occasional after-hours and weekends for IT-related projects.
- Ability to maintain open communication & positive working relationship with staff.
BURN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).
|Job Category||Information management|
You must log in to post a comment.