IT Operations Associate_G6 (171412)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Job Title: IT Operations Associate
Type of Contract & Level: Fixed Term (FT); level_G6
Reporting to: Head of Unit,
Duty Station: Kigali
Duration: 1 year renewable
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP Rwanda works in partnership with the Government and other stakeholders through the direct implementation of integrated programmes targeting the most vulnerable people and will progressively shift towards building national capacity to formulate, manage and implement programmes for achieving zero hunger. In implementing its activities, WFP will bridge the humanitarian–development nexus and leverage its extensive experience and the contributions it has made in Rwanda over many decades in order to achieve five strategic outcomes:
• Refugees and returnees in Rwanda always have access to adequate and nutritious food.
• Vulnerable populations in food-insecure communities and areas have improved access to adequate and nutritious food all year.
• Children under 5, adolescents and pregnant and nursing women and girls in Rwanda have improved access to nutritious foods and services that enable them to meet their nutrition needs all year.
• Smallholder farmers, especially women, have increased marketable surplus and access to agricultural markets through efficient supply chains by 2030.
• The Government of Rwanda and the humanitarian community is provided with adequate, timely, cost-efficient, and agile supply chain services and expertise necessary to effectively respond to emergency crisis.
Under Strategic Outcome 2, WFP provides home-grown school feeding in food insecure areas in Rwanda and acts as a key technical partner of the Government of Rwanda in developing and expanding the national school feeding programme. This position of the School Feeding Programme Associate will be part of the school feeding team and is based in the Country Office in Kigali, Rwanda and contributes to the effective and efficient design and implementation of school feeding activities – WFP-implemented school feeding and technical assistance to Government – under Strategic Outcome 2.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To coordinate and guide Information Technology maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of IT services.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A University degree in information technology, telecommunications, information management or/and related fields.
Experience: Minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible work experience in ICT with experience in general IT infrastructures deployment and maintenance and administration.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: French and a working knowledge of the other. Good knowledge of Kinyarwanda
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience analysing service management results and development service enhancement recommendations.
• Has participated in business process re-engineering efforts and identified service management improvements.
• Has experience participating in country office procurement/budgeting process.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.|
|Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization||Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.|
|Technical Expertise||Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.|
|Service Management||Monitors and supervises maintenance and installation work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence and takes proper actions to correct inconsistencies and improve overall quality and customer satisfaction. Ensures that operational problems are identified and resolved.|
|Client Management||Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.|
|Procurement and Contract Management||Able to conduct a cost-benefit analysis of alternative technologies and vendor service level agreements to consolidate options and assess suitability.|
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
At least three years of progressively responsible job-related experience in information technology or telecommunications or information management, such as, WAN/LAN networking, operating systems, telephone services, radio unit, web design, registry or similar. Some experience in client support, such as, a Help Desk or User Support Unit, web design team, telephone maintenance service, e-marketing group, hotline, or similar.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for submitting the online application is on the 25th of August 2022.
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
|Job Category||Information Technology|