- Public Health Specialist -Workforce Development
- Duty Location(s):
- 1 Vacancy inKinshasa, CG
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Competitive service
• Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 4. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open-to : All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The U.S. Embassy in Kinshasa is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Public Health Specialist – Workforce Development to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Agency.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Not Required
Reporting to the Director of the Global Health Security (GHS) Program at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the incumbent is primarily responsible for teaching, supervising and mentoring DRC’s Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP) trainees to build skilled capacity in field epidemiology at all levels of the health system. The incumbent also supports all additional aspects of technical guidance to the program including the work of CDC and FETP when responding to public health emergencies.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in developing, implementing, evaluating, and training in epidemiology, outbreak response and /or public health laboratory systems is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Education: Master’s level degree, or host country equivalent, in public health (MPH or MSPH), epidemiology or laboratory science is required.
- This may be tested:
LANGUAGE: English level (Fluent: Speaking/Reading/Writing). French level (Fluent: Speaking/Reading/Writing) is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES : Excellent numerical skills for manipulating and reporting statistical data is required. Excellent overall computer skills (keyboarding with both speed and accuracy), word processing, and advanced skill levels in use of at least one of the more common epidemiologic data analysis software (EPi Info, STATA, SAS, or SPSS) is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
“The U.S. Embassy wants to make our jobs visible and attainable for all qualified applicants, and our hiring practices prohibit discrimination based on gender, ethnicity, national origin, language, race, color, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, or family structure.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a medical and security clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
- To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
• Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)
• Citizen proof
• Passport (if applicable)
• Master Degree with transcript
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• Master Degree with transcript
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo.
You must log in to post a comment.