Programme Policy Officer NOB (Coordination des urgences) (170151)
Qualified women and people living with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply. WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, disability.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT: About the World Food Programme:
Programme Policy Officer NOB
| TYPE OF CONTRACT:|| Fixed Term|
| || |
|DUTY STATION (City, Country):||Kinshasa, DR Congo|
| DURATION:|| 12 months|
| || |
The United Nations World Food Program is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. WFP’s mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Everyday, WFP works around the world to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, especially women and children can access the nutritious food they need.The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) is implementing a Interim Country Strategy Plan (ICSP) through which it provides food assistance to the most vulnerable people mainly through general food distributions, nutrition interventions in schools, resilience building programs using food transfers or cash transfers (CBT); and capacity building.Activities to create productive assets are considered a key element of WFP’s strategy in the provision of its unconditional food assistance.Wfp will leverage its experience and partnerships in FFA and SAMS to support vulnerable communities and work with value chain actors from smallholders, cooperatives, common initiative groups, traders, processors, distributors, and retailers to increase the productivity of smallholder farmers and reduce post-harvest losses, supporting producers’ access to inputs, assets, services and markets. WHY WORKING WITH US?
TO SAVE AND CHANGE LIVES ❤: Make a difference, the world will notice. We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and fuel dreams for a better future.TO JOIN A GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍 Build bridges that unite people around the world. Being part of a global, caring and multicultural community like WFP will continuously expose you to innovative ideas and perspectives. The way we carry out our mission with deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between each member of our global team will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on many levels.UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES 💡 Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find. WFP goes wherever it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.A LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐ Go beyond yourself and discover your true potential. WFP offers life-changing experiences that you probably won't find in many other organizations.Join us to make a difference, watch this video to learn more about us!! Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnaxfnNKdsM HOW CAN YOU MAKE THE DIFFERENCE? JOB PURPOSE:
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet foodassistance needs. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Contribute towards the development of a wide variety of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of considerable size/complexity, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Research and analyse a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of
policies, programmes, and activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities
that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing
projects and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
- Support the identification, development, and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners, and national government to prepare for
and respond to food assistance needs, e.g., through providing inputs into training materials.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with
analysis and queries.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS (details to be determined by Post Managers):
- Other as required.
This section is optional to describe other duties, skills & knowledge required for the specific job. DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS: Education:
- Has deepened technical knowledge through exposure to technical teams.
- Has taken leadership of implementing programmes.
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health,Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences, or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses. Language:
International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 19/07/2022 Réf.: VA 170151